I am a foreigner. I want to recover an unsecured loan of $S18k from my landlord. He reduced my rent by $S150 as the interest. But I have been asking him since so long to me pay back my all money, but he didn't pay. Is there any way recover money in a

Answer :

  • https://legalhelp.com.sg/cache/img/201301/no-image.76x72.crop.jpg


    answered on 16/06/2018

    flag as inappropriate

    You could send the landlord a letter setting out a list of your demands and a threat of legal action if the landlord does not comply. You could sue the landlord in the State Courts to recover the debt owed by issuing a Writ of Summons in the Magistrates’ Court. You may act for yourself in court, but if you were to do so, you would have to bear the same responsibilities as a lawyer would in acting for you, such as complying with the Rules of Court and drafting and filing Court documents. A lawyer would be able to help you to send a formal letter of demand; give you more specific advice on how you should proceed, depending on your particular situation; and represent you in court. For more information on going to court on civil matters: https://www.statecourts.gov.sg/CivilCase/Pages/Going-to-court-on-civil-matters.aspx

    Did you find this post useful? Please provide your feedback by clicking on the link above.