For traffic violations that result in 1 week jail term, is there any way to appeal to request for probation instead? The accused did not seek legal advice previously as we didn't expect the severity of the case.

Answer :



    answered on 16/10/2019

    flag as inappropriate

    This is dependent on what stage of the proceeding you are at. If you have been charged with a traffic offence and wish to appeal against the charge, you may make an appeal online through the Traffic e-Appeals Portal at However, if you have been convicted and sentenced to an imprisonment term, you are only allowed to appeal against the decision once. For more information, please visit

    Did you find this post useful? Please provide your feedback by clicking on the link above.